Send money by PayPal to NewYorkKayakPolo@gmail.com
Our not-for-profit club is run by the members, benefits include
- Store a personal paddle, pfd, spray skirt, one kayak polo boat (subject to available space, only for full annual members)
- Vote in club elections & run for leadership positions
- Participate in club events
- Pier 66 access to the boathouse year-round
- ACA discount, individual annual membership, $10 off
Our membership year begins May 16, with Summer season May 16 through Nov 15 and Winter season Nov 16 through May 15. Do check our schedule to see when we move to our Winter and Summer locations.
New York Kayak Polo receives insurance coverage from the American Canoe Association (ACA).
Everyone participating in a NY Kayak Polo session, tournament, or other event on the water needs to have signed an ACA Waiver (online or PDF) for the current calendar year and be covered by ACA insurance by either being a paid up-to- date member in ACA or paying a one-time ACA event insurance fee ($5).
This applies current members as well as newcomers participating in our two free trial sessions.
Upon arrival, newcomers should sign a paper copy of the ACA waiver (or you can complete it online if you have a mobile device). If paying the one-time event insurance fee ($5) it will be collected by the event organizers at that time. Alternatively, newcomers can enroll in ACA membership (best approach). The annual fee is $40. Other options include a 6 month $15 introductory membership and a $25 student membership. (A $10 discount will be applied to regular annual memberships if you select “New York Kayak Polo” as your “Paddle America Club” during the application process.)
- Darren Fu , President
- Nathalia Thompson, Vice President
- Erik Schomburg, Secretary
- Pin Thienapirak, Treasurer
- Olly Gotel, Officer at Large
Please contact us for more information!
New York Kayak Polo Incorporated was established as a 501(c)(3) in July 2004, EIN 86-1099619